In recent years, the marijuana industry has proved that it has the potential to grow successfully. Although the industry is relatively young, it has grown exponentially in the last couple of years. The industry shows a lot of promise for more development. In other words, there is a lot of room for opportunities. After the 2020 election, many people jumped at the opportunity to invest in the marijuana industry. This is because they believed the legalization of marijuana at a federal level would soon occur. You can also invest in a large variety of cannabis companies, including 6 popular marijuana stocks.
Investing in Marijuana Stocks
For those who consistently buy cannabis and cannabis-related products, it’s no surprise to hear that the marijuana market has only continued to grow in many aspects. Currently, there are many kinds of cannabis-related companies, meaning there are more products and jobs for people to choose from.
If you’re looking for a financial opportunity in the cannabis industry, maybe it’s time to consider investing in marijuana stocks. There are many cannabis companies with stocks to invest in. Before deciding on the right one, do your research and choose a company you feel confident in. Here are 6 popular marijuana stocks you can invest in.
6 Popular Marijuana Stocks
Investing in marijuana stocks can be a bit of an overwhelming process, especially if you’ve never worked with stocks before. It’s important to do your research and see what kinds of stocks you’re interested in. To get you started, here are 6 popular marijuana stocks to invest in:
- Curaleaf Holdings Inc.
- Curaleaf Holdings Inc. is definitely one of the bigger names on this list. For those who don’t know, Curalead is one of the leaders in medical and wellness cannabis in the United States. Those familiar with the Curaleaf brand may feel more comfortable investing in a company they know. Although they experienced a bit of a loss recently in terms of stocks, bigger marijuana companies are usually at an advantage when this occurs. When compared to smaller companies, bigger names can survive “pandemic-induced” problems.
- Tilray Inc.
- What puts off many investors is the current lack of federal legalization for marijuana. If you’re the type of investor with long-term vision, then Tilray Inc. maybe the stock for you. The company Tilray focuses on providing cannabis infused beverages. Tilray has post-prohibition plans on expanding and developing their Colorado-based distillery. Investors who play the long game should consider investing in Tilray Inc.
- Canopy Growth Corp.
- Similar to Tilray, Canopy Growth is another company that has a lot to gain from federal legalization. Canopy regularly establishes strategic partnerships which could play out well post-prohibition. For example, they’ve recently worked with Constellation Brands Inc. and Karma Culture. Canopy even announced acquiring Wana brands, the number 1 cannabis edibles brand in North America.
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp
- People enjoy to see actual results when investing. Some believe that a company should not have to wait till after the federal legalization of weed to show how well they can do. Trulieve Cannabis Corp is one of these companies. Currently, Trulieve operates in 11 different states. They also have leading market positions in Arizona, Pennsylvania and Florida. Trulieve is certainly an appealing investment option.
- Organigram Holdings Inc.
- You can consider Organimgram Holdings Inc. a game changer in the way they approach cannabis. This company is involved in the CBD market. Organigram Holdings produces CBD, but the way they do so is different than we’ve seen before. Their process uses yeast strains and enzymes to create cannabinoids without growing them in plants. By doing so, they avoid the cost of traditional cultivation. If you’re looking for a company with the “next frontier of cannabis research and products”, invest in Organigram Holdings Inc.
- Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Last but not least, we have Aurora Cannabis Inc. This marijuana company functions in both the medical and recreational field. In fact, it’s a dominating contender in the medical cannabis space. Aurora Cannabis reported a 23% rise in net revenue year over year. They also saw a 146% rise from the prior-year quarter in international medical sales. Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a popular marijuana stock option for those looking to invest in a growing company.
Tips To Invest In Marijuana Stocks
Investing in stocks can feel confusing and overwhelming when you don’t completely understand how it works. To ease your nerves, here are a few tips to help you invest in marijuana stocks.
- Do your research: You can do this by watching videos on how the stocks work. Also, you want to look further into the companies that you’re thinking of investing in. Remember: Buying a share of a company’s stick makes you a part owner of that business, so choose a business you stand behind.
- Plan ahead for panicky times: The stock market can be a tricky thing. There will be times where it seems you’re loosing money. Prepare of the financial and mental stress this may impose on your life.
- Set realistic expectations: Don’t go in thinking you’ll make thousands out of nothing.
- Buy low, sell high: This seems to be the general rule when buying, trading, and selling stocks. Remember you want to profit, not lose.