There are many ways to consume weed. Vaping is among the most popular. People prefer it because it produces no smoke and minimal odor. It is a discreet choice.
But vaping weed can be complicated. How do you work these contraptions? And how do you know if the weed you are smoking is pure?
This article will tell you everything you need to know about vaping weed.
Different Types of Weed Vapes
People who wish to vape weed must know the different types of vaping devices. They include:
Dry Herb Vaporizer
A dry herb vaporizer is a portable, handheld device. It is equipped with a small oven that heats dry weed and THC extracts and converts it to an inhalable vapor within 20-40 seconds.
The user inhales the vapor which clears the chamber. The user must refill the chamber to use it again.
Also known as vape pens, extract vaporizers are smaller than dry herb vaporizers. They are more discreet and portable. They can be used to inhale dabs which are concentrated weed. The wax can be placed in a coil connected to the battery. It heats up quickly to reach the optimal temperature for inhalation.
Vape pens can also be used to consume cannabis oils. The oils come in pre-filled cartridges that are placed into the pen, vaporized, and smoked.
Tabletop vaporizers are stationary. They sit on a solid surface. Most are used to vaporize cannabis flowers.
Some tabletop vaporizers use a bag to collect vapor. The bag is detached during inhalation. Others feature a long tube that is used to inhale vapor.
What are the Components of a Vaporizer?
Vaporizers have three main elements as follows:
- The mouthpiece- Place your mouth on the mouthpiece to inhale the weed.
- The battery: The battery powers the device, so it heats the weed. A disposable vape must be discarded after the battery runs out. A non-disposable vape will have a rechargeable battery.
- Heating Element: The heating element heats the weed and converts it to vapor.
How to Use a Vape Pen
Vape pens are simple to use. Vaping weed requires a three-step process as follows:
- Charge the Battery: Most weed pens are battery-operated. You must charge the battery before you use the pen. The first charge will take a while. Keep the battery charged to avoid long charge times in the future.
- Load the Pen: Your pen may take a cartridge that is screwed into the device, smoked, discarded, and replaced. Or it may have its cartridge which you load with flower each time you smoke. Consult your directions to make sure you load your cartridge correctly.
- Vape: Turn your pen on according to the instructions. Most will power on after five clicks of the button. Some pens will also allow you to adjust the temperature. Don’t suck as hard as you would on a joint. Vaping weed requires a slow, gentle draw.
Similar procedures can be followed when using other types of vape devices.
Is Vaping Marijuana Safer Than Smoking?
There has been much debate concerning whether vaping weed is safer than smoking it. The consensus shows vaping is safer than smoking. It produces a pure stream of cannabinoids and terpenes and about 1/1000 of the hazardous materials inhaled when smoking.
However, vaping weed can be risky. The marijuana market is still highly unregulated. As such, you may get mixed information concerning the ingredients your cartridge contains.
Smoking with unsafe vaporizers can also pose a risk.
If you buy from a trusted supplier, you should have a safe vaping experience.
What is in a Vape Cartridge?
Most people will use a vape cartridge when vaping weed. The cartridges are filled with cannabis oil which is typically stripped of its flavor and aromatic compounds. Terpenes are introduced to give it flavor and provide additional effects.
Polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, or vegetable glycerin is used to change the texture of the vape. It reduces it to a thin, smooth, dry texture for a more enjoyable smoking experience.
What are the Advantages of Vaping Weed?
- Discreet: Weed vape dissipates instantly leaving minimal odor behind. These characteristics, combined with the small size of a vape pen, increase discretion. And not many people will be able to tell you are smoking weed and not nicotine.
- Healthier Than Smoking: Research shows that vaping weed is healthier than smoking it.
- Comes in Fun Flavors: Terpenes are added to add unique flavors to weed that can enhance the smoking experience.
- Easy to Dose: When you smoke weed, you run the risk of inhaling more or less weed than you intended. A vape cartridge offers a measured dose, so you know exactly how much weed you’re getting.
- Easy to Use: Vaporizers are easy to use. Just load the weed or cartridge into the device, push the button, and inhale. It’s simpler than rolling a joint or even loading a bowl.
What is the Optimal Temperature for Weed Vaporization?
Vaping temperatures are crucial to the smoking experience. They allow the optimal release of terpenes and cannabinoids.
The vaping temperatures will vary depending on the weed strain as follows:
- Indica: 325-425 degrees Fahrenheit- vape indica at a lower temperature and you will get smoother, less flavorful hits, vape at a higher temperature and it will produce stronger effects.
- Sativa: 356-410 degrees Fahrenheit- vape sativa at a lower temperature and it will not release optimal terpenes and cannabinoids, vape at a higher temperature and the weed could become harsh and combust
- Hybrid: 375-425 degrees Fahrenheit- vape hybrids at lower temperatures and the cannabinoids and terpenes may not release effectively, vape at higher temperatures, and the cannabinoids and terpenes will start to degrade
Where Can You Buy Products for Vaping Weed?
Vape products are sold at most dispensaries. But it’s essential to purchase your products from a dispensary you trust. A reliable provider will sell safe equipment and pure, potent cartridges and flower.
South Coast Safe Access is a recommended Orange County dispensary. Our vaping weed products are safe and durable. Our flower and cartridges are sourced from trusted brands that use lab testing.
Contact us for all your vaping needs.