A Friendsgiving potluck dinner is a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. It involves everyone bringing their own food items from home so no one person is left with the responsibility of doing all the shopping and cooking. And if you have friends that enjoy cannabis products, micro-dosing the goods will make your celebration even more chill.
However, there are some guidelines you should follow when adding cannabis to food products. Here are some tips that will ensure your Friendsgiving potluck is a success.
Be Sure to Micro-dose
When adding cannabis to your Friendsgiving potluck food items, it’s best to micro-dose for the following reasons.
- Edibles are More Potent: People tend to feel edibles more potently than they would if they smoked the same product. This is a strange phenomenon as edible cannabis travels more slowly through the body making for lower bio absorption. It’s unclear why this occurs but it may be because the cannabis passes through the GI tract and liver after being digested. This leads to the creation of a metabolic byproduct that is more potent than the THC itself.
- Edibles Take a Long Time to Hit: People don’t feel edibles immediately. The cannabis can take up to 2 hours to take full effect. Guests may continue eating because they don’t feel the effects, but once they hit, they will hit hard.
- It Can Affect Different People in Different Ways: You never know how the cannabis will affect the various people in at your Friendsgiving potluck, so it’s best to keep doses low.
So how low should you go? It’s best to start with a dose of 2.5mg to 5 mg per serving. If you have a chance to experiment, you can determine if this is effective before increasing the amount of cannabis you add.
What Kind of Foods are Good for Dosing?
Cannabis can be added to just about any type of food served at your Friendsgiving potluck. This includes drinks, snacks, and other homemade items. Here are some examples:
- Hard Candies: Hard candies like lollipops, gum, lozenges, and mints have fast onset times because they are absorbed through the mouth as well as the stomach. Beverages have a similar effect.
- Chewy Edibles: Chewy edibles like gummies, caramels, and chocolates are quickly digested because of their simple ingredients and will, therefore, produce quick onset times.
- Baked Goods: Baked goods have a dense texture and will take the longest time to digest and hit.
- Cannabutter Like other types of butter, cannabutter can be added to a variety of dishes including mashed potatoes, mac n’ cheese, green beans and more. Making it involves activating, or decarboxylating the cannabis to maximize its benefits. Then the cannabis is strained to emit a liquid buttery substance. Making cannabutter isn’t easy, but fortunately, you can also purchase it in a store.
- Cannabis Olive Oil: Cannabis olive oil can be added to anything from pasta, to cakes, to cookies, and so on.
Shop Edibles at SCSA for Your Friendsgiving Potluck Needs
Making Friendsgiving potluck edible dishes can be fun, but it also requires hard work. And if the edibles aren’t prepared properly, they may not be potent. You may be better off purchasing edibles at a dispensary.
Unfortunately, there are many gray areas when it comes to cannabis regulations. The FDA does not have many regulations in place regarding the potency and purity of the marijuana products on the market. Many companies take advantage of this by misrepresenting their products to make them seem like they are higher quality than they truly are.
Therefore, it’s important to buy from an edible supplier you can trust.
South Coast Safe Access is a trusted carrier of edibles and other cannabis products. They strive to be the most reliable and highest quality Prop 215 Medical and Prop 64 Recreational Cannabis Dispensary in Orange County, CA. Here are some edibles they carry that will be prefect for your Friendsgiving Potluck.
- Cannabis Quencher Drinks: SCSA carries a wide variety of quenching drinks and cocktails that will make the perfect companion to any Friendsgiving potluck item. The Good Stuff line offers a variety of flavors that provide different effects. You can try the Honey Lemonade Indica Calm Drink, the Key Limeade Sativa Energy Drink or Black Cherry Lemonade offering a special THC and CBD blend. It all depends on the mood you are in.
- Dr. Norm’s Cookies: Dr. Norm’s cookies make a delightful Friendsgiving snack or dessert. SCSA offers a line of delicious flavors including 10 mg Red Velvet, 10 mg Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle, 100 mg Rapid Onset Cookies and Cream, and so much more.
- Petra CBD Mints: After a big Friendsgiving potluck meal, we all like to freshen up with an after-dinner mint. Petra Mints will give you that extra something-something. They come in a variety of flavors like blackberry, cinnamon, and classic mint. They contain a wide range of compounds and are available in different doses.
- Cannabutter: Cannabutter is a great option for those who want to make their own edibles without having to be concerned about decarboxylating. SCSA carries a Heavenly Sweets Cannabutter that contains 2000 mg of cannabis to be divided up into various servings. It is made of 100% real dairy double-clarified butter.
- Peanut Butter Cups: Peanut butter cups are a delicious dessert items that will bring something sweet to the table. Emerald Sky Peanut Butter Cups are an ideal option. Each individually wrapped cup contains 10 Mg of THC making them appropriate for your more cannabis-experienced guests.
This Thanksgiving, why not do something different by hosting a Potluck Friendsgiving with lots of delicious edibles? The products from SCSA will help you make your event a success. Contact us to find out the various ways we can help you make your season bright.