Tired of the same old holiday parties? This year, why not throw a cannabis party? It’s the perfect way to celebrate the season.
Any party is a huge undertaking. And if this is your first time throwing a cannabis party, you may be unclear on what’s involved. This article will serve as a guideline, so you know how to get started.
Send Out Fun Invitations
Get everyone excited about the party by sending out fun invitations. You can advertise your theme outright by including a weed-friendly image and writing ‘Cannabis Party’ in bold letters. Or you can be subtle with hints like having the party start at 4:20.
Curating a cannabis party guest list can be tough. After all, you won’t want to exclude friends who don’t use pot.
If you find yourself in a tough situation, tell your non-pot-consuming friends that you are hosting a weed party and ask them if they would be comfortable attending. Give them the option to attend.
Your Cannabis Party Weed Display
It’s not a cannabis party without weed. Make a dedicated weed table for your guests. Fill containers with different types of weed including indica, hybrid, and sativa strains. Please each in a labeled jar so they can pick and choose.
You may also fill your table with concentrates, capsules, and tinctures.
Your weed table should also feature accessories like bongs, rolling papers, pipes, and dabs. You may want to add a few pre-rolls as well. Your guests can consume as they see fit.
We know buying all this weed yourself can be quite expensive. As an alternative, you can encourage guests to bring weed. Make it a cannabis potluck.
Getting the Munchies Down
The guests at your cannabis party are likely to get the munchies. You need the ideal food display.
Your food display should include edibles. But don’t overdo it. Your guests will also want to eat without getting high. Two or three edible items will be ideal.
When we think of munchie foods, we tend to think of pizza, tacos, and chips. But you can offer more upscale munchies if you are planning an elegant party. Hey, just about anything will taste good to stoned guests!
The idea is to serve things that are easy to eat. For example, a make-your-own taco station is not a good idea. Your stoned guests won’t want to deal with making their tacos.
Instead, serve simple finger foods that can be consumed easily like Hors d’oeuvres served on a toothpick.
Your cannabis party bar should be devoid of alcohol. Choose cannabis-infused drinks instead.
If you serve alcoholic drinks, your guests might get drunk instead of high. That would defeat the purpose of your cannabis party.
Additionally, cannabis and alcohol are not a great combination for everyone. It may make some of your guests too high or drunk. And you don’t need anyone passing out or throwing up in your bathroom!
There are several types of cannabis-infused drinks you can serve at your cannabis party. Juices, energy drinks, seltzers, coffees, and teas are just a few to choose from. Decide on which you feel will be best for your guests.
Set the Atmosphere
The atmosphere will set the tone for your cannabis party. Here are some tips that will help you create the ideal environment for your stoned guests.
- Dim the Lighting: “I like bright lighting when I’m stoned,” said no one ever. Keep the lighting dim. If you have bright lighting in your home, shut it off Replace it with interactive party lights and black lights that will enhance trips.
- Use Visual Aids: Pot enhances the senses and makes people focus on visuals. Give them something to look at by turning the TVs on in your home- but keep the volume off. Have them play cannabis-themed movies like “The Wall” or “Up in Smoke”. If you have projectors, set them up to play psychedelic visuals on a loop.
- Decorate Accordingly: Find decorations that are colorful or look psychedelic. Hang them around the home to enhance the effect. Get interactive décor like balloons and blowers. Your guests will have fun playing with them when they are stoned.
Curate the Perfect Playlist
No cannabis party is complete without a weed-inspired soundtrack. Different people have varying musical tastes and almost any type of music can appeal to your stoned guests. But make sure to throw a few stoner classics in there.
“Rainy Day Women” by Bob Dylan, “Sweet Leaf” by Black Sabbath, and “Because I Got High” by Afroman are just a few crowd-pleasers that come to mind.
Plan the Right Activities
Almost any activity becomes more fun when you are stoned. Here are some you can plan with your guests.
- A blind taste test: Have guests guess what type of weed they are smoking. Offer prizes for the winners.
- Decorate your own: Set up a station where guests can decorate their own infused goodies.
- Set up canvases: Guests can use canvases to draw or write whatever comes to mind.
- Set out activity books: Guests can do brain teasers or study optical illusions.
- Group activities: Engage guests in a game like pin the tail on the donkey. Pinatas always spell party fun.
Get Quality Supplies
Your cannabis party won’t be a success without quality weed. South Coast Safe Access is your source for reliable supplies.
We carry various strains and accessories from trusted brands. Our affordable prices make it easy for you to host. We ensure you and your guests will have a fantastic time.
Contact us for in-store, online, and weed delivery orders today.